Solar panels are an increasingly popular way to power homes and businesses. But how long do they actually last? In this article, we'll take a look at the lifespan of solar panels and what factors can impact how long they last.
Lifespan of Solar panel
Solar panels are built to last—most manufacturers offer a warranty of 25 years for their products. Even after that, many panels continue to produce electricity for 30 years or more. So how long do solar panels last?
The answer, of course, is that it depends. Solar panel lifespan is determined by a number of factors, including:
- The quality of the materials used in the panel
- The manufacturing process
- The environment in which the panel is installed and operated
But in general, you can expect your solar panels to last for decades with proper care and maintenance.
How Does Solar Panels Work?
Solar panels are an increasingly popular way to power homes and businesses. But how do they work, and how long do they last?
Solar panels are made up of cells that convert sunlight into electricity. The more cells there are, the more electricity the panel can produce. Most solar panels have between 36 and 72 cells.
The cells are made of semiconductor materials like silicon. When sunlight hits the cell, it knocks electrons loose from their atoms. As the electrons flow through the cell, they generate electricity.
The electricity produced by the solar panel can be used to power lights, appliances, and other devices in your home or business. It can also be stored in batteries for later use.
Solar panels typically last for 20 to 25 years. However, they will continue to produce some electricity even after that point.
Solar Panel Maintenance
Just like any other appliance in your home, solar panels require some maintenance to keep them running at peak efficiency. The good news is, solar panels are relatively low-maintenance and easy to take care of. Here are a few tips to keep your solar panels running smoothly:
- Inspect your panels regularly for any damage or debris. If you notice anything out of the ordinary, contact a professional for help.
- Keep your panels clean! Dust, dirt, and pollen can all build up on your panels and reduce their output. Use a soft brush or cloth to gently remove any build-up.
- Trim trees and bushes around your solar array to ensure that they’re not shading your panels. Even a little bit of shade can significantly reduce the power output of your system.
By following these simple tips, you can help ensure that your solar panels will last for many years to come.
Solar Panel Warranty
Most solar panels come with a warranty of 20-25 years. However, this only covers the panels themselves and not the inverter or other components of the system. Solar panels are designed to have a long lifespan, however, and many manufacturers offer performance warranties of up to 30 years.
How to Extend the life of your Solar Panels?
There are ways you can extend the life of your solar panels. Here are a few tips:
- Keep them clean - Solar panels need to be kept clean in order to function optimally. Make sure to regularly clean your panels, especially if they're located in an area that's prone to dust and dirt.
- Avoid shading - Shading can significantly reduce the output of your solar panels. If possible, try to avoid shading by trimming trees or installing panels in a sunny location.
- Inspect regularly - It's important to inspect your solar panels regularly for damage. If you notice any cracks or other damage, it's important to have them repaired as soon as possible to prevent further damage.
By following these tips, you can help extend the life of your solar panels and ensure that they continue to operate at peak efficiency.
Solar panels are a great way to reduce your carbon footprint and save money on your energy bill. But how long do they actually last? Solar panels are built to withstand the elements and should last for 20-25 years with proper maintenance. So if you're thinking about making the switch to solar, rest assured that your investment will pay off for years to come.
☎️ Call 1300 089 547
visit our website to find out more https://www.kratos-energy.com/
***Kratos energy is official CEC Approved Solar Retailer & Accredited
***Kratos Energy stands as one of the top solar installer in Wollongong and Illawarra regions with solar experts all around Australia.